Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today Was a Drag

Today was a drag...but a necessary one. Our dear friend and lifelong encourager called last night to say he was coming to help us get ready for income tax time. THAT is a friend!

So today was spent sorting, organizing, spreadsheeting (I just made up that word :) and generally getting ready for income tax time. He did have an ulterior motive; he needed to figure out whether our organization owed any taxes before the end of January since he is the treasurer.

So although it was a drag, we accomplished almost all that needed to be done - and all in one day. That was and is an amazing miracle.

Need more days to be a drag like today was.

7 comments:

  1. Ugh, taxes.
    At least you got organized. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to think about it. Everything I need is in a pink carton, but not at all organized.

    Last weekend I spent about 3 hours figuring out this once a year sales tax thing I had to turn in. It was due 1/20. I sent it 1/18.
    I hate working with figures.

    Morgan Mandel
    http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always good to get one of THOSE days behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait - it's not April 14th already is it!

    Jane Kennedy Sutton
    http://janekennedysutton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just been there and done that! At least it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I put TuboTax 2008 in my computer. That's about as far as I've gotten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I see I have plenty of empathizers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.