Saturday, January 3, 2009

Grandma is a Writer

I've had in mind to start this Grandma is a Writer blog for some time now. So here we go. I never imagined I would be a grandmother before I got a book written...but at least I got it written together with my husband.

His mother talked for years about writing a book - The Torrey Story. But she didn't have the help of a computer. So we found multiple copies of page 1 of her manuscript. It was a good start, but only that. Now she suffers from Alzheimer's Disease and the book will never be written.

Makes me wonder how many other unwritten books there are. I'm sure each and every one of us has at least one book; one story to be told. And most will go unwritten.

Over the years from time to time I have kept a journal, maybe someday to be read by my children and grandchildren.

But you may ask what inspired the book my husband and I wrote. That will be the topic of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.