Friday, December 17, 2010

Oranges in Stockings and Other Christmas Trivia

The other night we were talking about Christmas stockings and my daughter mentioned that she always thought it was strange that she received an orange in her Christmas stocking when she was a child. She's now 35!

It's amazing how we receive and pass on our Christmas traditions from one generation to the next. I hadn't realized until then how important it had been to me to get an orange in my stocking each Christmas when I when I was a child. Apparently it wasn't important to her. And then after she became a teenager, we grew oranges in our yard so we could eat them just about anytime during 6 months out of the year. So that orange-in-the-stocking tradition was no longer important!

Do you have any traditions you received from your parents and passed on to your children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.